August 11, 2011

My Dream Party

In just a few days I will be packing up my kids and flying from Seattle to Reno with a final destination of South Lake Tahoe.  My mother and step-father, and several other family members live there.  I lived there for 8 years.  A piece of my heart still does.  I feel that I have two hometowns, where I was conceived (Tahoe) and where I was born (WA).

While we are visiting family, my best friend from high school and her family will be traveling to the Lake from Chico to see us as well.  My mom is going to host a BBQ for us all to get together.

This is almost my dream party.

Seriously, just a simple BBQ surrounded by the people I love?  Absolutely.

I say it's only almost my dream party because there are many others I'd love to have there too.

Essentially the best party I can imagine would have all the people I love in attendance.  My family, Mark's family, my besties in CA, my besties here in WA, Mark's best friends from So Cal and his friends here.  Most of both of our friends here are married to each other.  There would be A LOT of kids!

That's really it.  Nothing fancy is necessary.  I mean, there would have to be food and drinks of course.  But what kind?  I don't care.

And all I would want to do at this party is hang out with everyone taking lots of fun pictures to remember the day. Just eat, drink, smile for the camera and BE TOGETHER.

Thinking about this makes my heart happy.  Because it means we have a lot of great people in our lives who love us like we love them.  But it also makes my heart ache for how spread out we all are, smatterings of loved ones here and there.

I wish everyone I love could agree on one central area to live where we could all have our own homes but be close enough to see each other whenever we wanted.

Until that happens, a girl can dream....

Mama’s Losin’ It
If you had the opportunity to throw a dream party for your closest family and friends,
describe what that would look like.

7 comments:

  1. It was kind of startling when I realized that there would be no time in my life that I wasn't "homesick" for somewhere or someone. I like the way you think of it, though: we're so lucky to have so many people to love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of fun! I'd want something laid back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 3 other couples that I'd like to just spend a week with somewhere we could hang out, eat, drink, chill out. The more relaxed the better.

    I hope you have a great trip!

    visiting from Mama Kat's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same dream. I would love to have all of my family and friends closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m glad I chose to read this one. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww that sounds wonderful. My family are crazy though so I am hoping some invitations to my 'dream' party get lost in the post. :) xx (visiting from mama kats)

    ReplyDelete